The owners named it Victorian Acres because of its marvelous history. The Historic name for the property is Scanlon-Vorpahl, Farm. The Scanlon-Vorpahl houses are evaluated as an example of an early 20th century farm complex. County records indicate that the dwelling was built prior to 1900 and the house was remodeled extensively in 1920 by Robert Vorpahl. Vorpahl was a skilled carpenter and he is also attributed with the construction of the adjacent watertower.
Scanlon purchased the property in 1878 and built the original house in 1880. The Scanlon-Vorpahl house is of an unusual composition. Apparently the original dwelling was Vernacular in form and massing, but the shape altered during the Vorpahl ownership.